Home Maintenance Checklist – Winter Tips
Below is a home maintenance checklist offering tips and advice to keep your home’s systems in good working order during Winter months.
- Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace batteries and any damaged equipment.
- Take fire extinguishers to a certified inspector to make sure they function properly.
- Change/clean HVAC air filters.
- Check faucets in your kitchen, bathrooms, basements, etc., for leaks and other problems. Clean the lint out of your clothes dryer vent.
- Check refrigerator and freezer gaskets. Place a dollar bill on the seal then close the door; if the bill easily moves, the seal is not working properly.
- Use a vacuum with a brush attachment to clean coils on the back of your refrigerator and freezer.
- Flush water heaters to remove sediment and improve efficiency.
- Dye test toilets and repair identified leaks.