Home Maintenance Checklist – Summer Tips
This Summer home maintenance checklist offers tips and advice to keep your home’s systems–especially your air conditioning–in good working order during hot Summer months.
- Change/clean HVAC air filters.
- If applicable, have your septic tank system inspected to assure that it is in good working order.
- Have lateral sewer lines inspected and cleared.
- Inspect driveways, sidewalks, patios, bricks, and other concrete or stone surfaces for cracks. Repair as needed.
- Remove hair from drains in tubs, sinks, and showers using drain cleaner that is appropriate for your system.
- Inspect decks, steps, and wooden structures for wood rot and other damage. Make repairs as soon as possible to minimize further complications.
- Weatherproof all wooden surfaces if it has been two years or more since you last did so.
- Check eaves around your home’s roof, chimneys, caps, etc. Remove flying insect nests. Fix any damaged areas.
- Test ground-fault circuit interrupters around your home. Examine electrical cords for wear.
- Inspect washer hoses and dryer vent system.